Dogs that are enrolled in our blood donor program will receive a complimentary wellness exam and annual comprehensive blood work which includes screening for heartworm and four tick-borne diseases.
- Canine Requirements
- *Must weigh 55lbs or more
- *Friendly personality
- *Between 1-8 years old
- *Never traveled abroad
- *Annual exam with one of our veterinarians
- *Current on vaccines
- *Negative stool sample and heartworm test
- *Not on medications
- Heartworm and flea/tick preventions are acceptable
What to expect when your dog donates,
- Your dog will be dropped off in the morning and stay a few hours at our hospital.
- Your dog must be fasted 12 hours prior to donating blood; a meal will be provided after they donate.
- Your dog will be monitored in a quiet and comfy room in our treatment area.
- Sedation may be required.
- In order to collect blood, your pet's neck will have a small area shaved.
If you have any questions or would like to enroll your dog in our blood donor program, please call us at 757-253-0812.